Top 70 Desktop engineer interview questions
List of Desktop engineer interview questions and answers
2. What have you learned from your past jobs that related to Desktop engineer?
3. Why did you leave your last job?
5. Give examples of NOS and SOS
6. Difference between FAT and NTFS
7. Enhancements in Windows 2003 from Windows 2000
9. Where would you like to be in 3 years? 5 years?
10. What made you choose to apply to Desktop engineer?
11. Enhancements in Windows 2003 from Windows NT
13. Types of Firewall
14. Difference between Hardware and Software Firewall
15. What are key tasks for Desktop engineer?
16. How to do each Desktop engineer position task/function?
17. How to control each task/function of Desktop engineer? Etc
18. Name the seven layers of OSI model
19. How to enable Firewall in Windows XP
20. How to Disable Firewall in Windows XP
21. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
22. What are top top 3 skills for Desktop engineer?
23. How to measure job performance of your position: Desktop engineer?
24. Minimum System requirement of Windows XP, Vista, 2003 and 2008
25. Explain ping command
26. Explain Cookies
27. How to boot the computer in Safe mode
28. What do you know about this company?
29. What do you know about the position of your Desktop engineer position?
30. Describe two or three major trends in your field?
31. Did you choose this profession/field?
32. Types of printer
33. Explain Last Known Good Configuration
34. What is Disk clean up, Disk Defragmentation, Device manager and System Restore
35. USB port Vs Firewire port
36. How to install a printer in Windows XP
37. What tertiary qualifications have you attained that related to Desktop engineer?
38. What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to Desktop engineer?
39. What tertiary qualifications have you attained that related to your Desktop engineer position?
40. What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to your Desktop engineer position?
41. What is a Browser and name any 5 browsers ?
42. Serial port Vs Parallel port
43. What is a port number ?
44. Where is the HOSTS file located
45. Explain different RAID levels
46. Recovery Console Vs Automated System Recovery
47. What is NTLDR file
48. How to tackle “missing NTLDR file” error
49. How many bytes are there in MAC address
50. Range of Class A IP address
51. Range of Class B IP address
52. Range of Class C IP address
53. Default subnet mask of Class A, Class B and Class C IP address
54. What is BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) and how to overcome it
55. Difference between Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS server
56. Transmission speed of T1 carrier
57. Explain APIPA, IP address and Subnet mask
58. Difference between IP v4 and IP v6
59. How to remove virus from a computer
60. How to make a computer run faster
61. What is attrib command ?
62. What is edit command ?
63. How to copy a file or folder using copy command
64. How to format the hard disk using command line utilities
65. Explain mkdir, rmdir and chdir commands
66. Types of hard disk
67. Difference between primary and secondary partition
68. Types of back in Window OS
69. Differential Backup Vs Incremental Backup Vs Copy backup
70. What is remote desktop.